Innovation in Action
- 5 Years of Innovation in Action!
Innovation in Action (IIA) harnesses the talents and passions of Michigan students to address our world's biggest problems. Focusing on the broad topics of public health and education, IIA equips students with an innovator’s toolkit, an experiential learning framework, and a safe space to 'test the waters' of social entrepreneurship.
Through the course of this competitive 5-month, transdisciplinary experience, you and your team will:
- Invent, design, and steward your innovation.
- Build a diverse team of U-M talent.
- Hone your innovation and entrepreneurial skills
- Gain new skills in innovation, social entrepreneurship, and public presentations.
- Fully develop your idea and be prepared to pitch it to a panel of experts.
- Compete for cash prizes up to $10,000.
Join us at an Information + Speed-Networking Session, RSVP here:
- Monday, September 18, 5:00 - 6:30 pm, Ross School of Business, Blau Hall, B3560 (map)
- Wednesday, September 20, 4:00 - 5:30 pm, SPH I 1415 Washington Heights, Room 1680 (map)
- Wednesday, September 27, 4:30- 6:00 pm, UMSI Engagement Center, 777 N. University (map)
- Friday, September 29, 8:30 - 10:00 am, School of Education, Tribute Room, 1322 (map)
- Tuesday, October 3, 4:00 - 5:30 pm, SMTD EXCEL, 1279 Moore (map)
- Wednesday, October 4, 4:30- 6:00 pm, Center for Socially-Engaged Design, 3360 GG Brown (map)
GET INSPIRED at our Innovation Breakfast Series w/ Dr. Vic Strecher, RSVP here:
- "Finding Your Purpose" -- Thursday, September 21, 9:00 - 10:00 am, School of Public Health I, Community Room, 1680
- "Innovation in Public Health" -- Wednesday, October 4, 9:00 - 10:00 am, School of Public Health I, Community Room, 1680
Questions about IIA? Start here: