The Team. The Team. The Team.
Here at Michigan, we know better than most that the best outcomes are all about the team. We are, after all, one of the most collaborative learning communities in the nation (not to mention that we have a few über-successful sports teams).
So, first double check that your team and idea meets our eligibility requirements. Next fill out the Application Form and sign up for an interview when prompted. Each application will be reviewed to ensure it meets the eligibility criteria.
We understand that it can be difficult to find a team on your own. We encourage you to take advantage of the following resources to help connect you with like-minded people with diverse backgrounds and complementary skill sets to work with over the course of the 5-month program—and perhaps, beyond.
1. Join us at an Information + Speed-Networking Session, RSVP here:
- Monday, September 18, 5:00 - 6:30 pm, Ross School of Business, Blau Hall, B3560 (map)
- Wednesday, September 20, 4:00 - 5:30 pm, SPH I 1415 Washington Heights, Room 1680 (map)
- Wednesday, September 27, 4:30- 6:00 pm, UMSI Engagement Center, 777 N. University (map)
- Friday, September 29, 8:30 - 10:00 am, School of Education, Tribute Room, 1322 (map)
- Tuesday, October 3, 4:00 - 5:30 pm, SMTD EXCEL, 1279 Moore (map)
- Wednesday, October 4, 4:30- 6:00 pm, Center for Socially-Engaged Design, 3360 GG Brown (map)
2. Use the Innovation in Action Team Building Forum
Whether you have an initial idea for solving a public health or education challenge, have a public health or education challenge that they are looking to solve, or are just looking for something cool to join... navigate to our Team Building Forums to meet other interested participants!
3. Build your Team at a campus event
- Festifall, September 8, 2:00 - 6:00pm, U-M Diag
- ConnectEd, September 12, 9:00am - 1:00pm, U-M Diag
- Design Jam, September 15, 4:00 - 7:00pm, TechArb
- Mingle 'n Match, September 20, 5:00 - 7:00pm, TechArb
- Entrepalooza, September 22, 9:00am - 2:00pm, Michigan League
Once your team is assembled, be sure you meet the eligibility requirements. Then, apply online by October 13, 2017.